PHONE: 0433 500 606
56 Gt Northern Highway,
CREATIVE FOCUS is a private Clinical Psychology Practice dedicated to quality client-focused care.
We provide strategic psychological interventions for high prevalence disorders such as depression and anxiety, trauma, identity issues and problems with poor self-esteem/low confidence. We frequently work with people working Fly In Fly Out and help people to better manage work-life stress, to help heal and recover from past traumas and/or relationship difficulties, as well as to develop a person’s sense of purpose and meaning for the future. Our boutique rooms are located in Midland.
At Creative Focus you can expect an innovative service for meeting your situation with flexibility, creativity, intelligence and compassion.
#NEW# WALK AND TALK: Counselling on the move! Participate in an active counselling session covering mindfulness in everyday life and stress management while walking for fitness through John Forrest National Park. Inquiries to Dr Simone Hughes (email@example.com). LIMITED SATURDAY MORNING SESSIONS – book early! It’s good for your mind and your body!
A snapshot of our services …
- Individual counselling/psychological therapy ages 14 +.
- Loss and grief.
- Identity and adjustment difficulties.
- Family and social difficulties.
- Managing negative emotions – misery, sadness, guilt, fear, self-sacrifice.
- Career counselling/creativity coaching.
- Fly In Fly Out. FIFO adjustment.
- Mentoring young men and women.
- The relationship with Self.
- Health and wellbeing issues.
- Caregiving issues – particularly for carers coping with a family member’s chronic mental or physical illness.
- Stress management – work stress, relationship stress, life stress.
- Family of origin difficulties.
- Personality, motivational and competencies profiling (for reports and used therapeutically).
- WALK AND TALK – Counselling on the Move.
- Workers Compensation cases.
- Creativity Coaching and Mentoring
- Employee Assistance Programs by contractual arrangement.
- Adjunct psychological services with private schools by contractual arrangement.
- Adjunct psychological services with the Department of Community Protection (DCP) on a case by case basis.
- Evidence-based interventions.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
- Creative Arts Therapy.
- Mindfulness and Relaxation Training.
- WALK AND TALK – Learn Mindfulness on the MOVE.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
- Schema Therapy.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation-Resensitisation (EMDR)
- Treatment Plans and progress charting.
- Psychometrics for Business – including NEO-PI R, SHL People Performance, PAI, and others as indicated.
- We are gay and gender friendly!
- Boutique premises.
- Clinic Hours: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday – 8.30am to 7.30pm. After hours appointments available. EFTPOS facilities.
Build, Grow, Be, Become:
- Build a meaningful life: know your values; identify unhelpful thinking styles and beliefs; set meaningful goals.
- Discover your process of change, turn vulnerabilities into opportunities, take positive steps around promoting self-growth.
- Learn how everyday-mindfulness can keep you grounded.
- Explore emotions using creative arts therapy. Build better strategies for regulating your emotions.
- Understand interpersonal processes and how to manage your relationships based on your own self-needs.
- Resilience and strengths-building; learn relaxation strategies; mindfulness meditation and breathing interventions.
- Build your sense of rightful legitimacy to meet your psychological and well-being needs.
- Understand your creative/life ‘process’ – build toward your dreams with a plan for the future.
- Become more YOU!